Wednesday, August 15, 2007

It was 20 years ago today...




... that my dh and I tied the knot in front of family and friends. Yes, on a day much like today where the sunshine and the rain are both conspring to give us a preview of what marriage is all about. Like all relationships, it has not always been easy, but there has been a heck of a lot more sunshine than rain (although we both do like the rain :-)). We are blessed with two beautiful children who will be turning 18 and 16 respectively in September for whom we have an overabundance of love. We have a nice house (our 3rd) and respective carreers that fulfill us. And although there are some health issues, things are under control in that arena. Yep, life has been good to us!




Handsome devil, opening the door for his new bride. What you don't see is the limousine chauffeur holding an umbrella over our heads.




I loved that car. It was of the same year I was born, a 1959 Cadillac.




Here's the card I made for A. I have reproduced the color scheme of our attires which was dark grey (almost anthracite), pink (color of dh's tie) and white. The papers are from K&Company's "Maison" paper stack and the stamp is from Stampendous. I like the simplicity of that stamp. I aged the paper edges with Tim Holtz's Distress Ink in charcoal grey.






















With this close-up, I was trying to capture the Pearl Stickles in petal pink inside the bride's bouquet, and the Diamond Stickles on the dots. Although there is a slight green reflection on this photo, the dots really sparkle like diamonds in reality. I love the effect. The ribbon if, of course, to reprensent A.'s tie. Although the pictures abovew don't show it that much, he was indeed wearing pink! And that was 20 years ago! Quite confident in his masculinity, my hubby is.

I love you, A. Happy Anniversary.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Congratulations! What a nice card too!

michelle sturgeon said...

Happy Anniversary!