Thursday, July 19, 2007

Open House a Success!

Well, it's over... my open-house has come and gone. I did it in the basement of my house, which was just recently done by my husband. The lucky thing is that I still don't have any furniture to put into it so it was perfect to accomodate 12 guests and one of my teammates came as well (merci, Sylvie!). The basement was quite full, but I think my set up worked. Here are a few pictures. I am way too tired to post a lot of "verbiage", so I will let the photos speak for themselves.









This is the make&take table. I had it set up so that 6 people could do the projects at once. I had 2 projects; while 3 of them sitting on one side of the table did the 1st project, the other 3 on the other side were doing project #2. I had covered up a Bare Elements caddy from Creative Imaginations that held all the supplies to do the projects. It was perfect since the caddy is divided into 2 sections and the dividers are big enough to hold the stamp sets.
















This is one of the make & takes, using the Vases en Vogue stamp set. I love that set! And how about those new In Colors.























Make & Take #2. I love how we can use the corner rounder punch to create a scalloped edge. This project is done with the Baroque stamp set and we used the rock&roll technique to add a darker color to the end of the flower. I am afraid I cannot take credit of this creation and it strangely resembles the one Debbie Olson did in this entry (I totally CASED it!!! thanks Debbie). The details don't show so much, you'll have to click to enlarge the picture to appreciate. Because the projects had to be done quickly, I couldn't elaborate as much as Debbie did. But it worked. My guests loved the stamp set.








Undoubtedly, the piece de resistance was the cake that held the goodies for everyone to take home. My amazing daughter stayed up until 2 a.m. the night before the event to cut all the pieces and score them. Each piece of cake held 2 small stamps from the Mini Mates set and a clippie. Because I was pressed for time, the decorations are not 3-D. But thank goodness for the new punches that fit with our new stamps from the In the Spotlight set!




And my clippies! 32 of them ! I also had draws (7 in total) and sold a few retired sets and old catalogues.

I had a lot of fun to put this event together, so much so that I can't dismantle anything. All day long I came out of my studio to admire the set up. It was my first event of this nature at home and I loved every minute of it. I can't wait to do an even bigger and better one in January for the next catalogue. Tomorrow, I wil post the pictures during the live event.

3 comments:

Sophie said...

It certainly was a fun night! Loved the make n' takes. And thanks for the goodies!!! I'll definitely be there for the next one!

*Beatriz Jennings* said...

Beautiful work!! :)

michelle sturgeon said...

wow, it seems your open house was a success! i LOVE the cake and your M&T are so pretty!
I see Bety (Beatriz)commented...go visit her blog-she is a talented woman!