Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Black Magic *** Magie noire

There's been a lot of talk about that technique. Someone from a Yahoo group that I belong to sent a link to Karen Barber's blog where you'll find a few ideas and tips on the Black Magic technique. Basically, it involves stamping with pigment (or Craft for SU people) ink on black cardstock and coloring the image with coloring pencils. So I pulled out an Outlines Rubber Stamps that I've had for a few years and tried my hand at the technique. I am not completely convinced that I like this card... I even pulled out the old Gamsol after I colored it in because it was annoying me to see the pencil marks. I went over a few of the lines with the White Signo Gel Pen after I colored the big flowers because I found that the colors were not contrasting enough. I am having a hard time getting the effect I want... I will try my hands on a few other images. Maybe it's the stamp. I'll post some more later on this week. Nevertheless, I hope you enjoy anyways.

Tomorrow, I will show you something I received as a gift today. My dear friend Kathy made something for my Studio that touched me. She's awesome! I have the bestest of friends, let me tell ya. I am truly blessed by the people that surround me and she is right there at the top of the list.

J'ai obtenu l'idée de cette technique suite à un message envoyé sur un des groupes Yahoo dont je suis membre. Le lien au site de Karen Barber vous donnera plus de renseignements et d'idées. Mais le principe de base est le suivant: vous estamper une image avec de l'encre à pigment (ou Craft pour les personnes qui utilisent les produits de SU) et vous colorez avec des crayons de couleur en bois. J'ai utilisé une estampe de la compagnie Outlines Rubber Stamps que j'ai acheté il y a bien longtemps. J'avoue que je ne suis pas entièrement satisfaite du résultat. Les couleurs de sont pas assez "voyantes". J'ai même utilisé mon crayon noir et du Gamsol pour essayer d'obtenir plus de profondeur. J'ai même repassé avec mon crayon gel blanc de Signo. Si vous cliquez sur l'image, vous aurez une meilleure idée de ce que cela donne. Je vais faire d'autres essais et vous les montrerai. Je tenais quand même à vous la montrer

Demain, je vous montrerai ce que ma copine Kathy m'a offert en cadeau aujourd'hui. C'est quelque chose qu'elle a confectionné de ses propres mains, spécifiquement pour mon studio. J'ai vraiment la chance d'avoir de très bonnes amies. Je suis entourée de gens très spéciaux et Kathy est à la tête de cette liste! À demain!

5 comments:

pescbrico said...

Est-ce que tu as essayé les crayons de couleur métallique de SU sur ton projet? Ils ont un effet vraiment génial!

Lydia Fiedler said...

But CeeCee it's BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm so going to try this!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Lydia
www.understandblue.blogspot.com

Kréations Karo said...

WOW!! Quelle bonne idée!! Je trouve ça super beau!! Je vais m'essayer!!

Karo

Latharia said...

Oh, I love seeing your work with this technique! How beautiful!

Laume said...

I understand how frustrating it is to have an idea in your head of what something should look like and have your project miss the mark but, just for the record, I really like how your card came out!