Friday, June 06, 2008

journée F1 day


Vrrrrrrroom.... vrrrrrrrroom.... Here's a little card I gave to myself :-) Why? Read on...
Je m'offre une carte... Pourquoi? Lisez plus bas...
It's stamped with the Cruisabella stamp, colored with Prismacolor and Gamsol. The checkered flag is made of gros-grain ribbon.
L'estampe est la Cruisabella et elle est coloriée avec des crayons de bois Prismacolor et du Gamsol. The drapeau à damier est fait de rubans gros-grain.
I admit it: I'm a Formula 1 Race fanatic! And today, I got to spend a big part of the day at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve where the Canada Grand Prix is being held this weekend. Courtesy of Bridgestone tires, I was able to get up close and personal with some of the racers. For those of you who are interested, please take a look at these pictures. I'm quite proud of them!

The ever-gorgeous Aussie Mark Webber signing autographs... very focused as you can tell!

Little 19-year-old Sebastian Vettel... darn, my son is the same age and I cringe every time he drives my little Honda Civic... this one drive a multi-million $$$ car!



Finnish Heikki Kovalainen walking the track...


Friendly Frenchman Stéphane Bourdais, signing autographs too...


The almighty Lewis Hamilton, all smiles! I am most proud of this picture.


Last, but not least... Nico Rosberg, my favorite. Of course I took loads of pictures of the cars and the different parts of the cars but I would bore you with them (370 pix in total!). I thought this eye-candy would be a nice way to end the week :-)

It was an amazing day. The weather was gorgeous and I was in good company with my good friend Kathy and her son Nathan, who was very patient I might add. Thanks guys for a wonderful time!

4 comments:

Mollie said...

Very nice eye candy! Thanks for sharing;o) I must admit, I've never watched racing before, but I might just have to start after viewing your pictures!

Kathy said...

Ceecee great pics! I love the comment from mollie. YOu might have started something here.

Anonymous said...

CeeCee - I don't know a thing about F1 racing but I think I'm going to learn!!! How is it you say it in French? oohh la la!

labaru said...

i really love F1, and of course Nico ^^ i have a blog about him...(it's in spanish..)
nice pics at Gilles Villeneuve circuit
kisses