Tuesday, June 03, 2008

étoile mandala star

Long overdue, but here it is. My card for my Color Challenge #6. Not happy with it at all. It was a long process that could have been so simple but I didn't want to let go for some reason. I started out with this beautiful stamp by Outines Rubber Stamp Co. on a transparency sheet. I got it inked with VersaMark, then heat embossed with Detail White Embossing Powder (SU). I chose to color the star with the Glaze pens by Sakura. It was hard to find the right color.

J'en ai mis du temps à vous soumettre ma carte pour le défi-couleurs #6. En réalité, une carte qui devait être toute simple s'est avérée très compliquée. Et j'ai bien faillie abandonné plusieurs fois. Mais il fallait à tout prix la terminer. L'estampe est de Outlines Rubber Stamp Co. Avec de la VersaMark, j'ai étampé l'image puis gaufré à la chaleur avec de la poudre pour gaufrage blanche (SU). Par la suite, je me suis battue avec mes crayons-gel Glaze de Sakura. Il fallait jouer avec les couleurs qui sont si peu nombreuses pour trouver la bonne. De là la lenteur.


I tried a whole bunch of combinations since the colors were not really matching my challenge. The lighter green was obtained by mixing a yellow with a green Glaze pen. The little dots of glitter within the star were made using the white transparent Glaze pen with some Brownstone Glitter (Martha Stewart). Love them! Then I made a big booboo by cutting out the star only to realize that I had to way to anchor it. So I fiddled with the frame and used Doodlebug's gems to hide the Crystal Effects (SU) I used as adhesive. The cardstocks are Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Certainly Celery and Whisper White (all by SU). The chocolate chip part is a piece of scrap that I had previously embossed with the Spots & Dots embossing folder (Cuttlebug). Oh, and the little green frame was embossed with the Scor-Pal and then inked in Chocolate chip ink. Although I quite like the reflection of the star on the inside of the card, it is not my favorite. Nevertheless, I wanted closure (hehe). Have a great evening!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow - this card is absolutely gorgeous. I really appreciate the amount of effort that went into it!

Anonymous said...

waouh quel magnifique travail !! elle est superbe !!!

Kathy said...

WOW!!! You've outdone yourself, once again!!

Lea L. said...

So pretty!! Great job!

~Lea

Chantal said...

It's beautiful! Je comprends que ça du être long! Bravo!

Unknown said...

That is a beautiful card!!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

well its just stunning!!! absolutely gorgeous!!! this is great inspiration!!

Kim Gasper said...

I can't believe you don't just LOVE this card! It's gorgeous! The detail is exquisite.

Anonymous said...

All I can say to this one is, WOW!

Cindy Major