Monday, September 17, 2007

Dark Fright Night... Il fait sombre et j'ai peur...

Hallowe'en has never been my favorite holiday. That coming from a candy freak! I just didn't like to disguise myself and put "gook" on my face. But this year, the ghosts and goblins have gotten to me. If I had the time I would do up my whole house with spooky decorations. Go figure! But it doesn't mean that I have to stick to the orange/black motif. When I saw the new Bohemia line of papers, it spoke to me. I have to admit I struggled a bit with this one, changing my mind many times...

J'avoue que l'Halloween n'a jamais été ma fête préférée. Pourtant, je suis une femme à bonbons et c'est peu dire! Mais l'idée de me déguiser et de me mettre de maquillage au visage ne m'a jamais enchanté. Cependant, il me semble que cette année je commence a apprécié ce temps de l'année. Si j'avais du temps, je décorerais ma maison avec des tonnes trucs à faire peur. Par contre, je me vois difficilement respecter la combinaison conventionnelle du noir/orange. C'est pour cette raison que la collection de Bohemia a attiré mon regard. Noir, vert, bleu pâle... qui aurait osé!



For this card, I used the Criss Cross template that was part of a recent challenge on SplitcoastStampers. Apart from the Bohemia patterned papers, I've used the cute little Bat ribbon from May Arts as well as the swirly sheer. The flower is from SU`s Pretties Kit. I have died it with a Basic Black Classic Ink refill and an Aqua Painter. The ink stains the Aqua Painter so use one that you reserve for such purposes. There`s a Rhinestone Brad in green from SU in the middle of the flower. The "Happy Fright Night" is a single stamp I won and I think it comes from a retired SU stamp.

Je me suis servie du modèle de la carte croisée qui faisait partie d'un défi sur SplitcoastStampers dernièrement. Outre les papiers de Bohemia, J'ai utilisé un beau petit ruban de chauve-souris de May Arts (il est trop mignon...), un ruban voilé avec tourbillons (de May Arts également) et du Stickles de couleur Gunmetal. La fleur provient de la trousse "Croquignolettes" de SU que j'ai teint avec de l'encre Classic en Simplement noir à l'aide du Aqua Painter. Une attache parisienne de fantaisie verte vient aggrémenté le milieu de la fleur. Le message "Happy Fright Night" provient d'un jeu d'estampe de SU qui est retiré.





I went over the swirls with the Gunmetal Stickles to add some bling. I also free-handed the little dots on the inside card with the Stickles. A fun project that took waaaaaay too long! I will learn one day.

Voici le détail des tourbillons accentués de Stickles. J'ai également ajouté à la main des petits points avec le Stickles sur la carte à l'intérieur. Ceci fut un projet de longue haleine qui aurait dû être plus rapide. Un jour, j'apprendrai! En attendant, je m'amuse!

3 comments:

Sophie said...

Ooooh! I love it!

I can't wait to have my own house so I can make a haunted house out of it for Halloween! And have a big costumed ball for grown ups! ;-)

Suzy said...

What a beautiful and fun card. I have to try this style.

Kréations Karo said...

e trouve ta carte très belle et originale. Ça fait différent du noir et orange. Bravo !!

Karo