Monday, September 03, 2007

Like Little Soldiers.... Comme des soldats !

Today is a clean-up day. I have been putting off installing shelves and blinds and rods in my studio for way too long. My space is coming along, but is not quite ready for me to take a picture. I have a few "embellishments" I'd like to do before I show the whole thing. BUT... here is a picture I am quite proud of. I called it "My Wall of Punches". It started with 6 rods that I got in the kitchen department of IKEA. But I soon realized it wasn't enough. So I went and bought 2 more. Now all my punches fit, including the "squeezy" kind, which are in a basket at the bottom (also from IKEA). Behind my door, I have a shoe rack for the punches that don't have handles. The space they occupy is sort of a corridor that leads to my large sink in the back of my room. It was a wasted space, and since my room is not big, I decided to maximize it. Across from those punches is my stamp sets storage, also from IKEA. I do need to clean it up and I will show you a picture of that pretty soon.

Aujourd'hui, journée de ménage! Dès que la balayeuse fut passée, mon mari et moi avons attaqué mon studio. J'ai maintenant une fenêtre qui ouvre avec un beau moustiquaire propre, un rideau horizontal en métal qui s'agence au décor, une étagère à rubans et... mon mur de poinçons! Ces pôles de métal que j'ai acheté dans le département de la cuisine chez IKEA est une solution parfaite pour un espace restreint. L'endroit est un corridor dans ma pièce qui mène à mon gros lavabo industriel. Il faut noter que derrière ma porte, j'ai un sac à soulier pour ranger mes poinçons qui n'ont pas de leviers. Le mur d'en face reçoit des caissons (acheté chez IKEA également) pour ranger mes ensembles d'estampes. J'ai du ménage à faire et de la décoration à compléter avant de vous montrer d'autres photos. Mais, ça s'en vient!

5 comments:

Sophie said...

wow! très efficace comme rangement! j'aime beaucoup.

Sharlene said...

wow that looks great!
and you are addidcted to punches.

Unknown said...

Wow! This is fabulous! Can't wait to see the final pics. My stamp area is just a tiny corner of the family room. i'd love to have room for something like this!

dasimonds said...

Wow... What a great way to store the punches...looks great !!
My punches are starting to out-grow their storage..this is the best idea that I have seen.
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Ceecee

c'est ce qu'il me faudrait

car elle sont dans une boite et c'est vraiment pratique comme rangement!!


bizzzz