Tuesday, March 18, 2008

hoping for spring *** à quand le printemps?


They're calling for yet more snow. Quick: Get the Spring paper out! Hopefully, it'll chase the winter blues away. Tonight (or early this morning), I accomplished something I've been wanting to do for a long time: take a pretty patterned paper and use it all up to make cards.

Croirez-vous qu'on annonce encore de la neige! C'est une situation très embêtante... vite, le papier aux couleurs printanières!!! Ce soir (disons cette nuit), j'ai réussi à faire quelque chose à laquelle je songeais depuis bien longtemps: faire plusieurs cartes avec 1 papier à motifs.

I bought this one by Three bugs in a Rug last week and I couldn't wait to do something with it. I kept it simple once again... the words on the paper says it all. The card base is SU's Whisper White cardstock and then I've used both sides of the PP (the green is the reverse of the Spring words). Then I've added some ribbon lefover from my workshops (SU's Chocolate Chip satin and MayArts loopy brown satin). The flowers are Prima's in two different shades of pink and I the brads are from O'Scrap. See you soon: I'm gonna get the shovel ready!

J'ai acheté ce papier de Three Bugs in a Rug la semainde dernière avec l'idée de faire justement des cartes. Les couleurs sont tellement géniales. J'ai utilisé les deux côtés du papier réversible (c'est d'où vient le vert), sur un carton de fond Murmure blanc de SU. J'ai ajouté du ruban (satin pépite de chocolat de SU et satin avec bordures de May Arts). J'ai trouvé ces rubans dans mes restants d'ateliers (récupération!). Les fleurs sont de Prima et les attaches parisiennes à pois de O'Scrap. Bon, je vais me préparer... je sors la pelle! À bientôt!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

I know this paper.....I love it. Great job CeeCee.

Kathy

pescbrico said...

superbes tes cartes! Qu'est-ce que tu faisais debout cette nuit?!?! ;)
Bon pelletage... moi j'imagine que ça risque de compromettre ma sortie pour Pâques...

Mandy said...

Your spring cards are super-cute! Love them!

Anonymous said...

If only I could "glue dot " myself to your cards and escape this weather....I love the cards!!!

Sharon

Debbie Olson said...

With cards this lovely, surely Spring will hear you and come soon! Perfect paper for the card too. :-D